I put the Android binary up for download to cut down a few steps on the Android deployment I described in a recent blog post.
Worth noting is that the Android implementation should still be considered a proof-of-concept (hence 'Alpha') and doesn't yet contain all the features in the latest iPhone console, and has some known issues. Nevertheless, the basic functionality is in place and should work. The barrier to testing, patching and developing the console functionality on Android is also lower.
- Download Android SDK (Linux, Mac or Windows)
- unzip android-sdk-mac_x86-1.5_r3.zip
- cd android-sdk-mac_x86-1.5_r3/tools
- ./android create avd --name openremote --target 2
- ./emulator -avd openremote &
- ./adb install /path/to/OpenRemote-Android-1.0.0_Alpha1.apk
- Enter 'http://controller.openremote.org/1.0/controller/resources' as device URL